On Saturday, June 12, 2010, a group of local Nelson County residents and County officials will officially open the Nelson Scenic Loop, a 50-mile auto and biking tour route through the picturesque and historic landscape of northwestern Nelson County.
Ribbon-cutting ceremonies for the Nelson Scenic Loop will anchor Grand Discovery Days, June 11-13, 2010, a three-day festival of events highlighting local history, nature, and culture in Nelson County. All events are free and open to the public.
Welcome to the Nelson Scenic LOOP
10 Facts About the LOOP
- 50 Miles Long
- Consists of 4 Scenic By-Ways
- Traverses Three Ridge Mountain Watershed
- Rises from Elevation 850 - 4050
- Bisected by Rockfish and Tye Rivers
- Blue Ridge Parkway is 75 Years Old
- Monticello Fish Hatchery is 80 years Old
- Nelson County founded in 1807
- Wintergreen Resort Contains 10,000 Acres
- Appalachian Trail Runs the West Border
Pat Saunders Scenic LOOP Print
Rockfish Valley Foundation
as big as all outdoors
How To Get Here
Featured Local Videos
This is a video piece shot and produced by Norm Shafer for our Nelson County Life Magazine. Adrienne is a musician and founder of Backyard Revolution in Nelson County, Virginia.