Posts Tagged ‘Wintergreen Area’
Wintergreen stands in Southern Rockfish Valley, on the west side of the south fork of the Rockfish River. Hawes N. Coleman purchased the land on which he later built Wintergreen in April of 1789. Coleman acquired land in the Valley until he had accumulated more than 1000 acres by 1807. Wintergreen became the first house [...]
[gmap width="330px" zoom="17" display_photos='true' ]
River Bluff is dramatically sited at the base of the mountains, on a steep bank overlooking the south fork of the Rockfish River. River Bluff stands on a tract of land owned by Alexander Reid, Jr., until 1779, when he sold it to Nathaniel Clarke. While the exact building date cannot be determined, the plan [...]
Read This Review of The Blue Ridge Pig on the Cvillain.