The house was built by William Massie for his son and his wife around 1861. The house at Snugdale is built in a T-floor plan, having four rooms and hall in the front part and two in the back. The small front porch has a plastered overhead, just as the inside of the building. This type is seldom seen. Evidently, the plastering was put there when the house was built as it is still in good condition. The house remained in disrepair for several years. There is also an old log barn standing near the house.