King George II of England granted the land surrounding the area to Massie and Dickie families in 1750.
In 1948 a log cabin on the grounds of Grace Church was torn down. It was of historical interest as it was used as a recruiting office during the Civil War. From this office many locals enlisted and served with the Nelson Artillery, the Lamkin and Rives Batteries.
Flooding from Camille caused great havoc in the peaceful community.