[gmap width=”330px” zoom=”17″ display_photos=’true’ ]
On October 1, 1869, in a building on the old Montebello Farm, local persons met to organize the Mt. Paran Baptist Church. By 1892, E.J. and Mary S. Robertson deeded a parcel of land to the church. In 1907, a new deed was made to enlarge the grounds to accommodate a cemetery and a addition … Read more
This small church had visiting ministers mostly from Lynchburg. When transportation was more available, the church was closed and most of the members went to Mount Paran. The small wooden building is now posted. The windows are shuttered.