On October 1, 1869, in a building on the old Montebello Farm, local persons met to organize the Mt. Paran Baptist Church. By 1892, E.J. and Mary S. Robertson deeded a parcel of land to the church. In 1907, a new deed was made to enlarge the grounds to accommodate a cemetery and a addition was granted in 1943. In 1931 the church replaced the original one-room structure with a brick building. The present parsonage was built in 1954.
[gmap width=”330px” zoom=”17″ display_photos=’true’ ]