Evergreen Christian Church is located just off Route 56 near the North Fork of the Tye River. Records do not show when the church was organized, but a minister by the name of Joshua Webb was preaching here in the 1830’s. The first building was built of hewn logs. The present building was built in 1916.
Source: Nelson County Times, July 6, 1971.