It was born in 1953 out of the merging of the one and two-room schools from the communities of Tyro, Roseland, Arrington, Piney River, Greenfield, Massies Mill and Wintergreen. The School closed in 1994 and was used as a recreation center and few years later abandoned.
Bryant school educated children of Hat Creek Valley from 1921 to 1938. It was erected on property sold to Nelson County by Richard Nelson Wood and his wife Mary Bryant Wood. The deed provided that the Woods had first option to purchase it from the school district after school was closed. The school had two … Read more