[gmap width=”330px” zoom=”17″ display_photos=’true’ ]
George Williams, a prominent local architect and builder built Willow Brook in 1820. Willow Brook has been for over a century in the Whitehead family, which four of its generations have served in the General Assembly. Two chimneys west of the dwelling are believed to be the remains of the original house where Williams lived … Read more
It was born in 1953 out of the merging of the one and two-room schools from the communities of Tyro, Roseland, Arrington, Piney River, Greenfield, Massies Mill and Wintergreen. The School closed in 1994 and was used as a recreation center and few years later abandoned.
It was organized in 1845 and built about 100 yards south of the brick building that housed the Jonesboro Free Church. The first church was a frame building of rectangular shape. A gallery around the two sides and one end gave additional room when needed. Steps on each side led to the gallery. A door … Read more